Thursday, August 12, 2010

Elisa and Jon

Last month I had the pleasure of being able to shoot Elisa and Jon's wedding. It was a hot July day at Tarara Winery in Leesburg, Virginia, and everything was perfect. Elisa and Jon's vintage sheik wedding truly felt like something from a magazine. The day was wildflowers, lace, and country elegance. Keeping with the theme, I tried to give the photography the same tone. For as much as I love color, I've also always loved sepia as well. I remember making my first sepia print in a darkroom way back when that was the only place you could make a print. It was an awful landscape image, but I loved it just the same. You can achieve the same sepia effect digitally now, but the look still reminds me of film; something I (sadly) now associate as vintage and think of with nostalgia.
Elisa and Jon, I wish you a wonderful and happy life together. Thanks for a great day of shooting. Also a special thanks to my lovely assistant photographer Brighid Uddyback of Oz Images. More from this wedding to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment